Historic Buildings and sites by RobertArcher
RobertArcher's Gallery
×
  1. RobertArcher's Gallery
  2. Historic Buildings and sitesHistoric Buildings and sites
palermo united church
On Dundas Street in Oakville. Was Meothodist Congregation established in 1812 Building opened 1967.
Simcoe in NOTL
A statue of John Graves Simcoe the first Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada.
port credit cenotaph
April 2005
Grey House
APRIL 2005
Pt Credit Federal Bldg
April 2005
Dixie Union Chapel - Front
One of the first churches in Toronto Township located on Dundas Street.
Dixie Union Chapel back
Dixie Union Chapel historic plaque
Reid Mill historic plaque
Streetsville Historic Station
Dixie Presbyterian Church
A congregation since 1878 the cornerstone for this building was laid in 1910. My Mother, Father and paternal grandparents are buried in the adjacent cemetery.
The Log House
Originally found in Mono Township. It was disassembled and brought to Port Credit by the Rovers scout troop. It was reassembled there as a Centennial project. It fell into disuse and became dilapidated . The building was moved and restored yet again . It also sits near the Bradley House.
The Anchorage
Another restored building placed adjacent to the Bradley House.
The Bradley House
Originally resorted as Toronto Township's Centennial Project . Now, the Bradley Museum.
magpie wawa
noronic plaque
Number 1 Yonge Street
Lighthouse Keeper's cabin Hamilton
The place where the lighthouse keeper lived. Burlington Canal Hamilton ON.
Lighthouse Hamilton
This lighthouse marked the entrance to Burlington Bay and Hamilton Harbour until it was overshadowed by the Burlington Liftbridge and Burlington Skyway. The canal is still navigable but range lights now mark its entrance.
Boston Presbyterian Church
The Boston Presbyterian Church was built to serve the Scottish population of Esquesing Township locally known as the Scotch Block. That name is still given to a local reservoir of the 16 Mile Creek. "Boston" refers to Scottish clergyman Thomas Boston. This congregation was established in 1820 and the cornerstone of this church in 1868. The first service was held in 1879.
GTW-CN-MIMICO Station
Preserved station building at Mimico Ontario moved off railway property. It sits in a park at Royal York Road and Judson Street. Apparently this building is deteriorating and might be razed for safety purposes.
NUMBER ONE FRONT STREET TORONTO
The Toronto "Dominion Public Building" located at the south east corner of Front and Bay Streets. This has been the main office for Canada Customs (now CBSA) Port of Toronto. It was sold to a private developer in 2017.
Toronto Harbour Commission building
This building when originally built sat on a pier in the harbour. The city has literally grown around it as the harbour was filled and larger buildings all around it.
palermo united church Simcoe in NOTL port credit cenotaph Grey House Pt Credit Federal Bldg Dixie Union Chapel - Front Dixie Union Chapel back Dixie Union Chapel historic plaque Reid Mill historic plaque Streetsville Historic Station Dixie Presbyterian Church The Log House The Anchorage The Bradley House magpie wawa noronic plaque Number 1 Yonge Street Lighthouse Keeper's cabin Hamilton Lighthouse Hamilton Boston Presbyterian Church GTW-CN-MIMICO Station NUMBER ONE FRONT STREET TORONTO Toronto Harbour Commission building
Scroll To Top

Audio Mute
Prev
Play
Next
Shuffle
Include